For those who love Apple Pie and Cheesecake, this is the right thing for a cold fall season afternoon
Now this Apple Pie Cheesecake might change your life a little bit. It changed mine. A Tiny little bit, but it did. It changed my feeling about baking. I started to enjoy baking much more than I ever did before. I was enjoying baking before, very much, I always did. But when I was baking this apple pie cheesecake, which I’m so exited about, I felt a lot of joy and happiness by baking it.
- It smelled SO GOOD!! I was so happy to be in the kitchen and baking it by the incredible smell of the saute apples, cinnamon, cardamom, baked pie crust … Everything together smelled wonderful. The kitchen and living room, I could even smell it upstairs. It’s that kind of smell that makes you drool, literally.
- I started to wear my new and cute apron for a baking. I like it so much and when I wear it it feels like Real Baking. And that way I enjoy it so much.
- It tastes DELICIOUS. Obviously. I should make a ,Duh” on this one. Since the pie was baking and smell of it was spreading everywhere I knew that this one will be SO delicious. It’s no way that this smell could not be delicious and so good. When you smell your pie or whatever you are baking, you just know that this is gonna be incredible. It’s just the way it is and it§s supposed to be. Baking should be Fun, good smelling and then the best part Delicious.
- I have found out that I’m enjoying baking much more when is cold outside like in autumn or winter (Xmas! My favorite) Because at that point you can start the fire in a fireplace and enjoy the fire while you’re baking. Usually/lately what I do is that I sit down with a cocoa or coffee in front of the fireplace and enjoy the fire while there is something delicious baking in the oven. I love sitting by a fireplace and watch the fire, it’s very fascinating to me and calming. And the smell from the oven, it’s like a bonus.
Oh, and another thing I’ve realized. If you don’t know that: I love music so much. And this time while I was baking the apple pie cheesecake I turned on some happy music. More specifically, I had a little speakers that I’ve got as a Xmas present from Adam on a kitchen desk where I was preparing the apple pie cheesecake. I was preparing the pie and dancing too. Can you imagine that? 😄 But I have to tell you, it was so much fun. You can try it some time. Maybe it will not be your thing especially if you prefer to cook or bake by a complete silence. I myself like cooking and baking in a silence. Makes me calm and it clears my mind from all day. But sometimes (well, I just realized it) that I like to play some music and happy music to be exact while I’m cooking or baking. It gives me joy and power.
Apple Pie CheesecakePrint Recipe
- 5 ounces (150g) whole wheat Biscuits
- 1,5 ounces (40g) melted Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3-4 Apples
- pinch of Cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground Cardamom
- 2,5 ounces (70g) Coconut or Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 18 ounces (500g) Ricotta Cheese
- Crisp Topping:
- Coconut Flour
- pinch of Cinnamon
- coconut or brown Sugar
Preheat the oven to 410 degrees (210 ºC)
Peel the apples, cut them into small pieces and add them into a small pot with a cinnamon and cardamom. Add a little bit of water, cover the pot and saute for 5 minutes.
Mix the biscuits in a food processor with melted butter and cinnamon until combined. Add it into 9-10 inches baking pan and spread it on a sides too. Put it into fridge while you’ll make the rest.
Add all the ingredients for the filling except the apples into a blender and blend everything until well combined.
Now pour half of the filling into the baking pan with chilled pie crust. Add drained apples and cover it all with remaining half of the filling.
Let it bake for 10 minutes. And in a meanwhile make the Crisp topping by mixing all the ingredients together. I made about 3-4 Tbsp of flour, 2-3 Tbsp soft butter and 2 Tbsp Sugar. But it depends on how much topping you want.
After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 360 degrees (180 ºC). Sprinkle the crisp on a top and let it bake for another 10-15 minutes. Then turn off the oven and let the pie sit in the oven for about 1 hour.
You might also like: