Let’s face it, the best thing about spinach artichoke dip is artichoke. So we have decided to create this simple dip that doesn’t contain spinach.
This recipe is simple to make and takes just 15 minutes to prepare. It’s easy to enjoy delicious artichoke dip and your favorite chips, bread, or vegetables in just a few minutes.
We decided to create the ultimate recipe by preparing this artichoke dip inside a bread bowl and then topping it with melted cheese. Are you drooling already?
Continue reading to find out how to make this delicious artichoke dip that includes Parmesan cheese as the topping.
The ingredients in Artichoke Dip With Mayo
Here’s everything you’ll need make this easy dip with artichoke:
- Artichoke hearts
- Sour cream
- Dry oregano
- Garlic powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bowl of bread (optional)
Homemade Mayonnaise for Artichoke Dip
If you want to make your mayonnaise, you require just a handful of components: A tablespoon of oil, a standard-sized egg and one tablespoon of vinegar as well as salt, and one clove of garlic to add flavoring.
- Place the entire egg in the blender, and mix at a high rate for around three minutes, or until the egg transforms into the appearance of a light yellow foam.
- While beating on the drum, add the oil gradually, creating threads. When it is absorbed, the mayonnaise will become emulsified and take on shape.
- The blender should be turned off for a few seconds, then add salt, some vinegar, and some garlic If you’d like.
- Just one more minute, and you’re done!
If you want to prepare artichoke dip from scratch using homemade mayonnaise, You can add an artichoke’s heart to the blender to increase the flavor.
What Artichokes Are Good to Use for Artichoke Dip
I utilized canned artichokesfor this recipe. The taste of canned artichokes tastes similar to that of fresh artichokes. It also saves you about an hour of laborious work.
In case you truly need to use fresh artichokes in your kitchen, here’s how it is required:
- It is the first thing to clean the artichokes by brushing them underwater that is running.
- Cut the stems off of the artichokes.
- After you’ve cut off the stem, you can tear off the layer of tiny tough leaves connected to the stem. Cut with kitchen scissors the sharp edges of blades.
- Cut the artichokes in half crosswise, and then, using a spoon, remove the hairy area of the heart at the center in the heart of the artichoke.
- Sprinkle with a few sips of lemon.
- Cook the artichokes with plenty of water for around 40 minutes or until they’re soft.
- Take the water out and cut it into pieces.
The artichokes are ready to go into your dip with artichokes, So let’s get started on the recipe!
Making Artichoke Dip With Mayo
Step 1: Gather your materials.
Step 2: Make your bread bowl.
A sharp knife can cut into a round loaf of bread (sourdough is great). Then, remove the middle portion of the bread. Using a spoon, scrape away the bread crumbs as much as possible.
Step 3: Chop into artichokes.
Remove the liquid accumulated from the artichokes you have canned if you are using them. Set them on a cutting board, and cut them into small equally-sized pieces. Dips will appear better when the cuts are uniform.
Step 4: Stir the ingredients thoroughly.
Put the mayonnaise, oregano, sour cream, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix vigorously for a few minutes until the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
Cut the artichokes into pieces and then beat them again. Test the dip and, should you feel it is necessary, add a pinch of salt.
Step 5: Pour the dip into the bread, then sprinkle it on top. Parmesan cheese on the top.
Step 6: Broil the bread in the oven for approximately 5 minutes (watch closely! )
If you notice the bread’s surface turns to get brown, take it out and oven.
Step 7: Let it cool for a couple of minutes, then have fun.
Artichoke Dip & Mayo
- Yield: 6 cups
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
This dip of artichoke and mayonnaise is served with Parmesan cheese, then grilled to perfection. It’s the perfect dish to serve at the next potluck or barbecue!
- 1 cup of cooked heart artichoke
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round bread (Optional)
Make sure you have all the ingredients.
Create the bread bowl: With a sharp knife, make an opening in an oval loaf of bread (sourdough is great). Then, remove the middle part of the bread. Using a spoon, scrape away the bread crumbs as much as possible.
Remove the liquid accumulated from the artichokes you have canned if you are using them. Set them on a cutting board, and cut them into smaller equal-sized pieces. Dips will appear better when the cuts are uniform.
Add the mayonnaise, oregano, sour cream, and garlic powder to a bowl. Stir vigorously for about a couple of minutes until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Make the artichokes chunky and then beat them again. Test the dip and, should you feel it is required, add a dash of salt.
Dip the dip into the bread, and then add your Parmesan cheese.
Broil your bread on the stove for around 5 minutes (oversee it!)
Remove the bread’s top turn from the oven when you can see it turning brown. It should cool for a while, and then enjoy it.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!