Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Cover a cookie tray with parchment paper.
Form the cookies into twelve balls. Place them on the cookie sheet, and press them down using fingertips that are clean or using the edge of a spoon.
For 20 minutes, bake.
Let the cookie cool on a rack before serving. Keep leftovers within an airtight container.
Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies
They are the perfect oatmeal cookies that are soft and chewy with slightly crisp edges, some nutty notes, and some vanilla.
- Yield: 12
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Additional time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup butter that is unsalted
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup of old-fashioned Oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cook the butter: The butter should be melted in a saucepan over medium-high temperature. It cooks until the butter turns brown, similar to Graham crackers.
- Remove the butter from the freezer once it is cool and weigh about 3/4 of a cup.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with the browning with sugar, vanilla eggs, and sugar.
- Mix in baking powder, flour, and old-fashioned Oats.
- Stir until combined. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet using parchment paper.
- The cookies can be cut into 12 pieces. Place them on the cookie tray and press them with fingertips that are clean or with the help of a spoon.
- For 20 minutes, bake.
- Let the cookie cool on a rack before serving.
Once cooled after sitting on a cooling rack, carefully place the cookies in airtight containers.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!