A simple mention of”hello” chocolate can transform the appearance of anyone who is a chocolate enthusiast. No one can resist the taste of a chocolate cake chock-full of chocolate and coated with chocolate.
With this cake recipe, we’ll show you how to create that perfect cake with chocolate topped with decadent bananas and chocolate frosting.
You read that right: chocolate and banana frosting! The inclusion of mashed bananas in the frosting provides a fruity but delicious taste that is incredible.
Tips For Making A Perfect Chocolate Cake
- Make use of high-quality cocoa powder. Foods Guy; we prefer dark cocoa powder that is free of added sugar. The cocoa’s quality can determine its color as well as the taste of the dessert once it has been baked.
- Sieve all dry ingredients that need to be filtered, especially cocoa. Sucking in a chunk of cocoa that has not been sweetened cake isn’t a pleasant experience.
- Be sure that all the ingredients are cool to ease the mixing process of the cake; it’s essential that all ingredients are at an appropriate temperature, including the eggs!
- Let it cool is essential for all cakes; however, especially for chocolate cakes, allow it to be completely cool before you take the cake off the baking pan.
Mix-Ins Optional for Chocolate Cake
To increase the taste of chocolate, include 1 cup of espresso. It is possible to do this in two ways:
- Replace one portion of milk with an equal amount from strong espresso (like espresso or a robust coffee)
- Mix 1 teaspoon of espresso powder in the milk
Incorporate choc chips. If you wish, you can include chips or chunks of milk or bitter chocolate. This makes the cake softer and increases your chocolate taste.
What Type Of Frosting Is The Best for Chocolate Cake?
To make chocolate fillings for cake cakes made of chocolate, I recommend frosting made of buttercream.
Making buttercream is easy; all you need is unsalted butter, powdered sugar, and flavorings.
In this frosting, it is possible to substitute a small amount of butter with the banana and cocoa powder. Cocoa is also a great ingredient to give the cream a bit more firmness. The result is amazing.
How to Prepare Chocolate Cake for Frosting
We’ll make enough frosting to completely cover our cake. When you are preparing the cake for frosting, there are two choices:
- Make two small cakes and connect them
- Create a tall cake, then divide it in half (crosswise)
In this case, we created one cake and cut the cake into two halves.
Be patient when you are ready to frost the cake until it’s cool enough. Place it in the refrigerator for a few hours before decorating it. It is also possible to keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes to ensure it’s a good consistency for decorating the cake.
How To Make Chocolate Cake Using Banana Frosting
Now let’s bake the chocolate-covered cake!
Step 1: Gather your items and heat the oven to 325 F.
Step 2: Beat sugar and oil in the bowl of a mixer.
Place the oil in the mixer bowl, mix for a few minutes, and then gradually add the sugar. Make sure that all sugar dissolves in the oil and egg mixture prior to proceeding with the following step.
Step 3: Add eggs one at a time, one at a time.
Once the mixture has an amorphous texture, then add one egg and beat it, and then the next egg beat, then the third egg, beating it until all eggs are added.
Step 4: Add the milk and vinegar.
Step 5: Sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the mix.
Step 6: Pour the batter into the mold and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Step 7: While the cake bakes, prepare the ingredients for the frosting.
Step 8: Add vanilla and banana to a mixing bowl.
Mix until you have the consistency of a smooth paste.
Step 9. Step: Mix the cocoa powder along with it powdered sugar.
Step 10: Beat for about 10 minutes until you’ve got a smooth cream.
Step 11: To make the cake Divide the frosting mix into two parts. Place one half of it as filling and another portion to be the topping.
If you’d like, you can use a pastry bag or apply the cream with an ordinary spatula.
Step 12: Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Then enjoy!
Chocolate Cake with Banana Frosting
yield: 1 CAKE Time to prepare: 30 Minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Total time: 1 15 MINUTES HOUR
This chocolate cake with a banana glaze is sweet and extra chocolaty!
To make the cake:
- 2 1/2 cups multi-purpose flour
- Two cups of sugar
- 34 cups of olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Half cup of milk
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 1/2 cups sugar powder
- 1 medium-sized mashed banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven up to 325 F.
- Prepare the baking dish by covering it with a thin layer of butter. Then sprinkle the flour over it. Be sure that it is covered with flour.
- In the mixing bowl, beat it for about a minute, then slowly add sugar.
- Once the mixture has an amorphous texture then, add one egg. Mix for a couple of minutes, then add the second egg, followed by the third, and on until you get to the fifth. Ensure all the sugar has been dissolved in the oil and egg mixture.
- Add the milk and vinegar.
- Sift the flour with the cocoa, the bicarbonate, and the baking powder. Gradually add the powders you have sifted into the mixture of liquids.
- Mix well until the ingredients are homogeneous. Then, pour the batter into the mold that you made earlier and then transfer it to the oven.
- The cake should be baked for between 35 and 40 minutes. If the cake’s top appears golden, take it out of the oven and place an entire toothpick down. If the cake appears dry, it’s ready, or else, bake it for five to ten minutes.
- When the cake is baked and ready to take out of the oven, let it rest for at least 30 mins before taking it out of the mold.
- Remove it from the mold, and using a bread knife, cut it crosswise into two halves. Place it on plates. Save it for later when you are making the frosting.
- The banana should be crushed, then put inside the mixing bowl, and then add the vanilla. Mix until you’ve got the consistency of a smooth paste.
- Sift the cocoa powder using powdered sugar.
- Beat for a couple of minutes until you’ve got a smooth and firm cream.
To put the cake together:
- Divide the frosting mix into two parts. Place one part as the filling while the other half for topping. If you’d like, you could make use of a pastry bag or apply the cream using the help of a kitchen spatula.
- Cool the cake for a few hours prior to enjoying it.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!