These cookies are simply magical. The most essential “magical” ingredient is oat flour.
The most significant part of this recipe is that it doesn’t need to visit the market to purchase the oat float. Just place the oats in the food processor, and then process until you get the flour consistency.
The best oatmeal to do these is traditional roll Oats. You should opt for these over instant oats or steel-cut oatmeal since the instant oats would be too soft, and steel-cut oats are likely too hard.
Benefits of using Oat Flour as a Cookie Ingredient
Oat flour is healthy and provides numerous health advantages, but how effective is it in cookie recipes?
Oats are among the most nutritious grains around the globe. They are gluten-free whole grain and a rich source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Thus, you can make the flour you need using a food processor and ordinary oats.
When making oats, the only thing to consider is to determine the amount of oatmeal flour after it is ground. If you measure the oats before milling them, it is possible that you might have a different amount of flour.
The ingredients for Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
The cookies come with an additional ingredient that makes them healthier. They are an amazing Dark chocolate chip. Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and contains healthy fats that are healthy for your health.
Dark chocolate is what makes them healthier cookies; you are able to select any kind of chocolate chip you’d like.
Other ingredients and substitutes for these oat chocolate chip cookies made of flour include:
- Butter. It is possible to substitute butter with oil. If you opt to do this, we’ve found coconut oil to be the best choice.
- Granulated white sugar. These cookies are made from plain white sugar; however, if you wish to add to, use brown sugar. This will give the cookies a deeper flavor and aroma due to the molasses in brown sugar.
- Oat flour. A few people think that baked goods baked with oat flour are somewhat dry. This can happen if you use too many in the amount of flour.
Tips for Baking with Oat Flour
Oat flour is worth the processing and mixing because it behaves as wheat flour, however, with an added twist.
Oat flour provides a soft and soft consistency to baking goods. It also has an eminent flavor that does not compete with butter and vanilla:
- Oat flour is created of gluten-free Oats. Gluten is the main binder that makes cookies and provides them with elasticity. Therefore, when making cookies using oat flour make sure that you use something that acts as a binder. This could be flax, egg and psyllium husk, or xanthan gum. These will prevent the cookies from breaking.
- Oat flour is one kind of food ingredient that makes any baked products. Therefore, when you bake Oat flour cookies, they’ll be very light in texture. Therefore, it is advisable to make sure that the cookies are packed with fats of some sort, and it is this case, we used butter.
- The oat flour, in combination with water, creates a hard dough. To keep any dough from sticking to your fingers, you can rub your hands with oil or butter or wet your hands using plain tap water.
These oatmeal flour cookies are worth the time to invest in. Contrary to traditional chip cookies, They have a more appealing taste, a smoother texture, and overall more health benefits.
The recipe we’ve created for you is simple and simple to follow. We hope that you will enjoy these with your loved ones.
How to Create Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oat Flour
Step 1: Gather the items. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: In a bowl, mix egg, vanilla, and sugar.
Step 3: Add softened butter to a bowl and mix until well combined. It is also possible to beat by using an electric beater.
Step 4: Fold into oat flour, baking soda along with cinnamon.
Stir until just combined.
Step 5: Fold into the chocolate chip.
Step 6: Scoop the cookies onto the cookie sheet, leaving a 1-inch gap between them.
Just flatten them using the back of your spoon.
Step 7: Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
Let the wire rack cool prior to serving.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oat Flour
yield: 11 BIG COOKIES Preparation time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 10 Minutes Total time: 20 minutes
The gluten-free, oat flour chocolate chip cookies taste delicious!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Oat flour (just grind regular oats in the blender of a food processor)
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chip
Bake at 375°F until the oven is ready.
A bowl is used to mix eggs, vanilla, and sugar.
Add the softened butter, and mix until it is well combined. You can also beat it using the aid of an electric mixer.
Mix in oat flour baking soda, and cinnamon.
Stir until just combined.
Then, add some chocolate chips.
Scoop the cookies into the baking sheet, leaving a 1-inch space between them. The cookies can be flattened a little using the back of your spoon.
Make the biscuits for about 10 minutes.
Then, cool on the rack prior to serving.
Dust cookies lightly with a bit of sea salt. Salt can enhance the chocolaty flavor.
THE YIELD: 11. SERVING Size: 1 big cookie
Serving Size: CALORIES: 174TOTAL FAT: 10gSATURATED FAT: 5gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 4gCHOLESTEROL: 32mgSODIUM: 112mgCARBOHYDRATES: 19gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 8gPROTEIN: 3g
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!