Have you ever cooked pancakes with a mix of pancakes and weren’t happy with how they turned out? Did they lack fluffiness or the right taste? This is what happens when it comes to pancake mixes, no matter who produced them.
What’s In A Pancake Mix?
Mix for pancakes inboxes is created by:
- Enriched bleached and enriched flour (the flour has been rich in niacin or vitamin B3)
- Soybean oil partially hydrogenated
- Agent for leavening(baking soda or baking powder)
It’s easy to see that some ingredients might have strange names, and they sound frightening So let’s take a look at these ingredients to find out what’s going on.
Dextrose is simply a variant of glucose that is a basic sugar. Dextrose is used to make the pancakes sweet, but you can modify the sweetness by adding sugar.
In addition, salt is used to maintain the balance of flavor.
The ingredient that nobody of us would like is hydro-carbonated soybean oil. It’s essentially a type of trans fats, and we are all aware of how trans fats can be harmful to us. If you can, locate a pancake mix that is free of partially hydrogenated oils of any type.
Read also: Flapsjacks vs Pancakes Guide.
How To Make Pancake Mix Fluffy
First, ensure you begin with a high-quality pancake mix. I came across this pancake mix a while time ago via Amazon and it’s the most delicious pancake mix I’ve tried.
Here are some helpful suggestions on how to transform your box pancakes into a most delicious treat:
- Make sure you sift your pancake mixture first thing you must do before making pancakes of all kinds is to sift dry ingredients. Sifting your dry components, you’re creating air to create fluffy pancakes.
- Make use of melted butter Box pancakes can contain hydrogenated palm oil, certain mixes are fat-free. If you can find one, ensure you use butter that has been melted. Apart from adding flavor, butter can add a bit of fluffiness to your pancakes.
- Use buttermilk or milk If you are making pancake mixes, you may notice “just add water.” You don’t need to follow these guidelines and could add buttermilk or milk instead. With these ingredients, pancakes will increase in fat-based and will consequently become more fluffy and soft.
- Incorporate eggsSome pancakes already have eggs that have been powdered inside, however, the addition of eggs can provide the pancakes with a greater texture and flavor as well as a more fluff-like. For this particular recipe, I’ve beat egg whites in a separate bowl and this has given the pancakes a little more fluffiness.
- Making use of more leavening agents is something that I’ve personally tried. The box pancakes contain leavening agents, but they will weaken over some time. This is evident when you look at the pancakes in the box which are close to the expiration date. It is possible to add baking soda and baking powder for fluffy pancakes using boxes.
- To make Japanese pancakes that are Japanese in style, use dessert molds put the mold on the skillet, and fill it up to about a half of the batter for pancakes. Cook for about a minute, then take the mold off. The pancake is then turned over and cooked for a further minute.
Mistakes To Avoid When Making Pancakes That Are Fluffy Pancakes
Although pancakes are simple to make, there are times when we can get carried away and end up turning the pancakes instead of a tasty treat to the point of being a complete fail.
Here are a few suggestions to keep your pancakes from falling flat:
- Do not mix too much your batter pancake batter must be lump-free. However, if you overmix it, you’ll ruin the air bubbles as the pancakes begin to deflate.
- Make sure that your saucepan is a warm pan that isn’t heated does and not trigger the ingredients and initiate the required reactions within the batter. However, ensure that your pan isn’t overly hot since the pancakes can be burned.
- Use a high-quality mix – Make sure to make use of a premium pancake mix, such as my preferred mix of Augason Farms.
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes With Pancake Mix
Make sure you have all the ingredients.
In a mixing bowl beat eggs, butter, and buttermilk.
Mix pancake mix with the egg, butter, and buttermilk. Mix until well-combined.
Gradually fold the egg whites in the pancake batter.
The skillet is heated to medium-high temperature.
Pour 1/4 cup batter into the skillet.
Cook the pancakes for 1 minute. Flip the pancakes, and cook until they are cooked for another one minute.
Serve warm pancakes. Create Pinterest Pin
Fluffy Pancakes with Pancake Mix
These fluffy souffle-inspired pancakes are amazing!
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp butter, melt
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sugar, as desired
- Mixing bowl beat eggs, butter, and buttermilk. Add the pancake mix, and mix until well-combined.
- Separately, beat egg whites in a separate bowl with lemon juice till stiff peak forms.
- Gradually incorporate the egg whites into the pancake batter.
- The skillet is heated to medium-high temperature.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes for 1 minute. Flip the pancakes before cooking until they are cooked for another one minute.
- Serve warm pancakes.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista.
I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Read more about me…