It’s an “extra version’ of the most gluten-free and easy-to-make Free Pizza Crust.
We literally “spiked the dish up’ throwing the addition of some oregano, basil, and garlic, to give it a traditional Italian twist.
Gluten-free, vegan, and yeast-free – you can’t make a mistake when you make this base pizza.
Gluten-Free & Vegan Herby Pizza Crust
Timing of Prep
The Total Time
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free, gluten-free-free-flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of the xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
- Two teaspoons of dried basil
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1.5 cups of water
- Combine the dry ingredients in one large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients until well-combined.
- Make an opening in the middle of the bowl. Add to our wet ingredients.
- Mix using a wooden spoon until a dough-like texture starts appearing. The dough should start to form into clumps. You can push it in your hands to create a huge ball when it does.
- The dough ball should be transferred onto a clean and lightly floured work surface, then divided into two halves.
- Make a portion and then make a dough by kneading it for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it’s no more sticky. If the dough is dry and crumbly, dampen the hands of your warm towel and then knead for another 5 minutes. If your dough appears too moist, add more flour to your work area and knead it for another 15 minutes.
- Once the dough is at the right consistency, it will form the shape of a small disc.
- Make an even circle, turning it back and forth until the desired thickness and size is satisfied. If you’d like to create”crust,” you can fold your dough’s edges.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!