Are you not the most skilled chef in the world? Don’t worry! Make your guests believe you’re a chef by serving this delicious gourmet Pesto Pizza.
The dish is topped with just a few ingredients; the warm summer flavor of pesto, artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes is incorporated into this recipe, which is served with the deliciously crisp sweet potato. The dish is finished with a decadent cashew sauce and a splash of sweet chili. You’ll be sure to appear like you’ve completed an undergraduate in flavor complementing… it’s an actual thing, right?
If you make these Gourmet Pesto Pizza with Cashew-Cheese Sauce, comment below.
The Prep Time
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- One sweet potato crust or your favorite store-bought the base
Pesto Pizza Sauce:
- Two cups of fresh basil
- 1 cup cashews
- Three cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp of juice from a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cashew Cheese Sauce:
- 2 cups of cashews
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Half cup of Soy Milk
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 1/4 onion red
- Black olives sliced
- Sun-dried Tomato Strips
- Sweet chili sauce drizzled with a sweet, smoky flavour
- Create the sweet potato crust following the instructions on the recipes.
- As the pizza is being cooked, make ingredients for the pesto pizza sauce in a food processor or blender with a high-powered motor and blend until the sauce is smooth. Scrape the sides as needed and add 1 tbsp liquid to make the pesto thinner, if required.
- Put your sauce in a smaller container and clean your food processor.
- After that, add all ingredients for the cashew cheese sauce to the blender, and blend for about 10 minutes at a time or until the sauce is smooth. If you’d like a ‘drizzle’ style thinner in sauce, add more soy milk until it is thinner to the consistency you prefer. Set aside. (You will probably have plenty of sauce left over, so store it within an airtight container for up to two days. Delicious spread for toast or stirred into pasta).
- Slice the artichoke heart in half and chop the onion.
- Take the pizza crust out of the oven after fifteen minutes.
- The crust should be coated generously with pesto. Sprinkle with sun-dried onions, tomatoes, olives, and artichoke hearts. Dollop, drizzle or sprinkle the cashews cheese on top of Pesto!
- The baking time is another 15 minutes. Take it out of the oven once the crust begins to brown and the tops have a nice temperature.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, then sprinkle the sweet chili sauce. Slice and serve.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!