The No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie is an easy, oven-free, and delicious dessert that will satisfy your craving for sweets throughout the year.
It’s not an ideal time to bake homemade chocolate chip cookies. Who wants to start the oven at the height of summer? There’s the heat, and the other is the humidity! It’s enough to keep even the most energetic home bakers to a baking halt.
All you require to have is a food processor and the ingredients listed on a brief list, and you’ll be well on the way to a new batch of delicious homemade cookies. No oven mitts are required.
How to make No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step 1: Gather the ingredients.
Step 2: Place the Oats in the food processor and process until they are broken down into flour.
Step 3: Add the almond butter and vanilla, as well as salt and maple syrup, and combine until the mixture is smooth.
Step 4: Stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Form the dough into a 1 1/2-inch disc, and then place them on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until firm.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
yield: 8 Time to prepare: 15 minutes Additional time: 30 Minutes Total time: 45 minutes
The no-bake chocolate chip cookies are so simple to whip through the food processor.
- 1 1/2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter with a smooth texture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Half cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Put the oats into the food processor and process until it breaks down into flour.
Incorporate the almond butter, vanilla, salt maple syrup, and almond butter. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
Mix in the chocolate chip.
Make the dough into 1-inch discs and then place them on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until firm.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
The classic chocolate chip cookies require typical baking ingredients such as baking powder, flour, baking soda as well as sugar. However, the ingredients on this recipe’s list are different. The ingredients are more nutritious and lighter, and the list is much shorter!
All you require to make these delicious sweet desserts are:
- Old-fashioned oats. You can also use oatmeal, quick-cooking, and even oatmeal flour if you already have it. If you’re using oat flour, you don’t necessity to grind the oats into smaller pieces during step 1 in the preparation. Old-fashioned oats can also be called rolled oats or regular oats at the supermarket.
- Butter that is smooth and almond-like. This is the glue to make the cookie dough. It’s better to be smooth than chunky because it holds things together better.
- It is also possible to use any other type of nut butter, for example, cashew butter, peanut butter as well as sunflower seed butter, to ensure that the recipe is completely nut-free. I like nut butter that is non-flavored, unsalted and doesn’t contain any sweeteners. So you can better manage the sweetness and taste that your cookie will have.
- Vanilla extract is the standard flavor enhancer used in raw and baked cookies.
- A pinch of salt will bring out the sweetness of chocolate, maple, and vanilla.
- Choc chips made of chocolate complete this recipe. I prefer small chocolate chips that aid in keeping the cookies better. Large chunks of chocolate can lead to more fragile cookies. If you have only small-sized chocolate chips, break them down using your food processor.
Mixing Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
After you have the ingredients in order, you can mix this easy cookie dough. Because there’s no clumpy flour or learners included in the recipe, you won’t need to worry about common baking errors such as mixing too much or over-rising and under (or over or under) baking.
It’s the quickest way to make the cookies using the food processor. If you’re using a blender, I’d recommend crushing the oats and mixing the other components by hand.
If you don’t own an immersion blender or food processor, you can use the oat flour instead of the whole oats as in the recipe.
After you’ve broken the Oats into a meal, you can add the rest of the ingredients and stir until you’ve got the same dough.
Inject the chocolate chips at the end of the second to ensure they don’t break down too much. Then, you’re done!
Shaping Cookies with no baking
To bake real cookies, you need to make the no-bake dough the way you would normal cookie dough.
And one last reminder is that the cookies will not grow or spread further than they do during baking. Cookies can be shaped to any size or shape you prefer.
Then, put the cookie shapes on the baking sheet or on an enormous plate and place the cookies in the fridge for 20-30 minutes until they are the cookies are firm. This step isn’t essential, but it will aid in keeping the cookies together.
How to Store Cookies that aren’t Bake?
When they’re solid once they’re solid, you can take pleasure in the No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies with large glasses of chilled milk straight from the refrigerator!
Keep them in the refrigerator for up to a month or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Store your items inside a sealed container or zip-top bags to ensure the best freshness.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!