Nutella-filled balls look like something from a gastronomic magazine and look like they are, but truthfully, they’re easy to make.
Every Nutella ball or Nutella truffle, as I like to call them, is a masterwork.
When they are made with coated with cacao powder, chocolate, or hazelnut ground, each ball appears to be a product from French dessert stores and tastes like something from the Italian coffee shop due to the chocolaty hazelnut flavor that comes from Nutella.
It’s good to know that these are simple to prepare, so you can cook a larger batch to store in the fridge. It is possible to serve them later or keep them on their own several time.
So let’s start to create these tasty treats!
How To Make Nutella Balls
Install your double boiler.
Put the heavy cream and butter in a heat-proof bowl. Set the bowl in a boiling pot of water.
Add the chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
Mix in Nutella and vanilla. Then, pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish.
Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Separate and shape the chill mix into 10 pieces. If the mix is not quite firm enough to roll, allow it to remain at room temperature for 10 minutes before rolling.
Place the chocolate powder as well as cocoa powder on plates. The truffles should be rolled through the cocoa and chocolate.
Serve and enjoy or keep them in the refrigerator.
These delicious Nutella truffles are as delicious as they are easy. You’ll want to keep the entire collection!
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8oz. chopped dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, chocolate powder, to roll
- Install an electric double boiler. Place the heavy cream as well as the butter in a heat-proof bowl. Place the bowl on top of the simmering water in a pot.
- Add the chopped chocolate. Mix until chocolate is been melted.
- Add Nutella and vanilla. Then, pour the mixture into a baking dish that is shallow.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Divide and make 10 truffles. If the mix is slightly too stiff to roll, allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to rolling.
- Put the chocolate powder as well as the cocoa powder on plates or in large shallow bowls. The truffles should be rolled through the cocoa and chocolate.
- Serve and relax.
Serve them in tea or small paper cups so that they look as delicious and delicious as they are.
The Nutella balls can be stored in the refrigerator.
Nutella is the most delicious and possibly the most well-known hazelnut spread around the world. Nutella is an irresistible blend of chocolate and hazelnuts.
It is obvious that they are an excellent combination; however, when you transform these two ingredients into an easily spreadable, smearable paste and spread it around, you’ll know that’s something that people around the world be awestruck by.
Nutella is a plethora of ingredients and can be added to or in just about everything sweet.
There’s a wide array of sweets and desserts that you can create using Nutella: Nutella Baklava, Nutella ice cream, and Nutella brownies are just a few of the wonderful ways to use this spread. I’m challenging you to come up with recipes for desserts that you cannot make with Nutella in.
Due to its many uses, it is an elegant and simple recipe for dessert balls or truffles at home.
If you are like me and are the biggest lover of Nutella, I’m certain you’ll love the recipe for my Nutella dessert recipe with cheese!
What Chocolate Should I Choose?
Alongside Nutella, you will also require some more chocolate. There are a lot of options for chocolate. However, certain types of chocolate are better than other types.
Here are a variety of chocolate as well as their properties to help you choose the most suitable one for your sweets:
Sweet Dark Chocolate
Also known by the name dark chocolate, that is definitely the most suitable choice to make Nutella balls. Dar chocolate is not made up of solid milk. However, it has more sugar and still has some sweetness.
Milk chocolate, in addition to cocoa milk and cocoa butter, also contains dried milk solids or condensed milk. It’s much sweeter than dark chocolate and comes in an edgier color.
It is possible to use milk chocolate to make this recipe. However, you should be aware the flavor of chocolate will not be as strong.
Also called baking or bitter chocolate is an unadulterated chocolate liquor made up of only ground cocoa beans. It can be used as a base for other chocolate, excluding white chocolate.
While it looks and smells like chocolate, it comes with a bitter flavor it is not recommended to be consumed by itself. It is recommended to mix it by adding sugar in order to make it appealing.
I would not suggest this to anyone who is making Nutella balls because it’s too bitter.
This is another type of chocolate that is readily available in shops. Bittersweet chocolate is a type of chocolate that contains at or above 35 percent solids cocoa. This type of chocolate has a more intense flavor than sweet, dark, and semi-sweet bars.
However, the sugar content in this chocolate isn’t controlled, and therefore the chocolate of one brand might be sweeter or bitter than another. Also, I wouldn’t recommend this chocolate.
Techniques and Hints for making Nutella Balls
Here are a few more tips you should know before you start this Nutella-based ball recipe:
- Get Your Ingredients Prepared early: This dish requires butter. However, it has to be softened and softened. Be sure to remove it from the refrigerator before the time.
- Maintain Your Chocolate Hot: Make sure that your chocolate is warm so that it can mix with Nutella well. If the chocolate is too cold, then the Nutella at ambient temperature can cause it to chill even more. In this scenario, you’ll be left with a rough mix to use.
- Make sure you wear Gloves: While it might sound like a bizarre option to use gloves, wearing them protects your truffles from your hands. This mix is sticky and can stay on your fingers. Additionally, the heat of your hands can begin melting the truffles. Make sure you use gloves that are food-grade to roll them.
- Make a proper double Boiler: A double boiler is something that you can make using a saucepan and a heat-resistant bowl. Bring about an inch of water to boil in a saucepan. Set the bowl filled with the heavy cream and butter in a pot of simmering kettle until the butter melts. Add the chocolate and let it melt until you’ve got an even mixture. Take the bowl out and mix it into Nutella.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!