This well-known frozen treat has numerous names. Thai Ice Cream or rolled ice cream or even marble-top ice cream however you choose to describe it, its distinctive appearance and smooth texture are similar worldwide.
This kind of ice cream comes in rolled tubes and is composed of milky and chewy ice cream. It is usually offered in smaller cups and ramekins. It is served by itself or garnished with various toppings.
The rolling ice cream is generally made using super-chilled flat tops that are designed specifically for chilling a base for ice cream.
The traditional method by which these are constructed is by cutting and then mixing liquid bases over an ice-cold slab until it is the form of a cream. Then, the base is smoothed, and flavors are added. The ice cream then gets rolled later and served.
It may appear easy for those who are experts at it however, the commercial procedure is a bit more complicated with numerous specific utensils and pieces of equipment required.
Did you know that there’s an easy way to create rolled ice cream using baking equipment that you already have at hand?
Do I require special Equipment?
As you might have observed, there are machines available on Amazon or elsewhere which speed production of roll Ice Cream significantly.
These machines for freezing sheets, however, are costly and some are difficult to use in the kitchen of a home due to their dimensions.
Marble slates can be employed, since they are able to withstand freezing cold very effectively, and for long periods of time.
But, if you’re only testing this recipe at first, and you’re not interested in buying all the fancy equipment for rolling ice cream you can make do with an old-fashioned baking sheet and it will be just as effective!
How to Make Homemade Rolled-Ice Cream
In the past, I used to believe that ice cream rolled contained some kind of huge secret, like an ingredient that made this ice cream too difficult to cook at home. make.
When I first experimented with it I discovered that the secret lies in the technique that makes the frozen ice cream! With an ice-cold surface, the proper ingredients, and then smoothing it out, you can create the perfect chewy, creamy ice cream.
The two main ingredients that provide the amazing texture are condensed and heavy cream. Milk. They are the main ingredients for most of the rolled ice creams I’ve had the pleasure of trying.
While trying various recipes for rolled ice-cream I learned several tips which will surely make the process of making ice cream for you.
- Make sure that you have room in your freezer. This might seem obvious, but the very first time I made rolled ice cream, the baking sheet wasn’t perfectly level, and I got an frozen ice cream that was very thin on one side , and heavy on the opposite. Make sure you have room!
- Keep your ice-cream base thin yet not excessively so. Be sure that your base is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Make sure you’re using a spatula that is sharp. You could also use a putty knife that is clean from a hardware shop.
- If the ice cream you’ve purchased is frozen, the best method to make it roll is to hold the spatula at an angle of 45° angle and then pushing.
How to Serve Ice Cream
The ice cream must be kept in the fridge for about 2 to 3 hours. When you take it out of the refrigerator ensure that you break the frozen ice into pieces.
Serve the ice cream as is or with crushed Oreos and whipping cream.
How to Create Oreo Rolled Ice Cream
Make your own components: 2 cups thick cream 14 OZ. Condensed milk can salt half cup of crushed Oreos.
Be sure to have your baking sheet prepared by placing it in the freezer at least an hour before beginning the preparation of the ice-cream mix.
A mixing bowl is used to mix the heavy cream with condensed milk. Add some salt as well.
Place the base on your baking tray. Sprinkle with Oreos
Incorporate the Oreos into the base, before smoothing out the surface before then placing the frozen ice cream in the freezer. The ice cream will be frozen for about 3-4 hours.
Take the ice cream out of the freezer. Slice into sections and then roll it by holding your spatula at a 45 degree angle.
Transfer the ice cream rolled with tongs into an serving bowl.
Enjoy your frozen sweet!
Oreo Rolled Ice Cream
yield: 4 Time to prepare: 3 HOURS Total time: 3 HOURS
This Oreo frozen ice cream rolled in a roll is as tasty as it appears. Get a box of Oreos and make sure to whip this up soon!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz. can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Oreos crushed
- Place onto your baking sheets (9×23-inch) into the freezer.
- Mixing bowl mix heavy cream, condensed milk, and some salt.
- Place the base on the baking pan. Add crushed Oreos on top. Mix to mix the Oreos in the bottom.
- Smooth the surface before placing the ice cream in the freezer. The ice cream will be frozen for about 3-4 hours.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer. Slice into sections and roll with the spatula in a 45-degree angle.
- Transfer the ice cream that has been rolled to a bowl for serving using the aid of a couple of tongs.
- Serve and take pleasure in it!
It is important to chill any equipment that you’ll need prior to use particularly that baking dish, spatula and tongs. Utilizing your hands or any other warm surface can cause the melting of the ice cream and ruin its texture.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!