Rice milk Smoothie with Poppy seeds, Honey and Lemon Juice
The POPPY SEEDS SMOOTHIE …
Sounds weird right? I know.
But my dad loves this smoothie. It’s a recipe made by him actually. He makes it for himself very often. And since we have bees (or should I say : He has bees) he makes lot’s of things with honey. He tried to add honey to almost everything. Well, it’s healthy so .. why not. And it also tastes much better than regular sugar.
Oh, and before I forget, the poppy seeds are also very healthy.
So here are some facts about Poppy seeds and why we should eat them everyday:
- Aids in the prevention of heart disorders: Each serving of poppy seed contains a considerable amount of linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid that offer protection against heart disease. However, it should be noted that excessive amounts of omega-6 fatty acids can still cause detrimental effects on the body. A healthy balance of Omega 3 and omega-6 fatty acids is highly recommended to maintain heart health.
- Supports bone maintenance and development: Poppy seeds contain both iron and phosphorus, minerals essential for the maintenance of both muscles and bones.
- Prevents constipation and other digestive problems: Poppy seeds have high amounts of dietary fiber, which aids the digestive system in metabolizing and smoothly processing ingested food, preventing constipation and other digestive problems.
- Enhances brain function: Calcium, iron and magnesium are minerals needed by the body to regulate brain activity and the development of neurons. They also aid in the production of neurotransmitters.
- Assists in red blood cell production: The abundance of copper and iron in poppy seeds improves red blood cell formation, which helps in the prevention of anemia and other blood-related conditions.
- Helps deal with Sleeplessness: Taking a teaspoon of poppy seed oil before going to bed has been observed to help ease the symptoms of insomnia by promoting relaxation.
You might also like:
- Mango White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Healthy Tofu Tomatoes With White Rice
- Avocado Maki Sushi
- Back to School Oatmeal Bars
OK, I’m not telling you that you have to read all of that (if you’re not interested), and I’m not even telling you that you should eat poppy seeds every single day. No, No … Just giving you some Info about the poppy seeds in case you try to make the smoothie and you will wonder what are you drinking and putting into your body.
So, now you will know 😉
Poppy Seeds Milky SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 2 bananas
- 5 Tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 600ml Rice Milk
- ½ Lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp. Honey
Mix all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!