How to cook prepackaged Gnocchi? There are three methods to cook gnocchi that are pre-packaged. You can boil the gnocchi and fry the gnocchi or roast them in the oven. Each method provides the gnocchi with a different texture and taste, which allows the gnocchi to serve with various sauces and other ingredients.
Gnocchi from the store is the solution to quick and delicious meals during the week. You can have a taste of the tiny bites of gnocchi with any sauce you want without the need to cook the gnocchi from scratch!
The most commonly used method to cook frozen gnocchi that you buy from the store is to cook the gnocchi till they are able to rise above the surface of the water. They will then be soft but still chewy however, there are many different ways to delight in the gnocchi!
To make the most of the Gnocchi that you buy from a store, keep reading to learn the best ways to cook it!
Boiling Gnocchi Prepackaged
Boiling gnocchi that has been prepackaged is an easy and fast preparation method. And it doesn’t require an expert chef to do it efficiently!
Gnocchi packaged in the package should be cooked in boiling water. Additionally, you must look at the sodium content on the package to determine whether the gnocchi is high in salt amount or not. If the gnocchi is rich in salt, do not add salt to the water.
Here’s how to boil prepackaged Gnocchi:
- Make sure to fill a pot with water until it is about 1/3 completely.
- Add salt to the water if the gnocchi isn’t very sodium-rich.
- Set the heat to medium and put the pot on the stove.
- Let the water become steaming hot.
- Gnocchi that you have prepackaged into the pan. However, do not put it all at once, as this may create a crowded pan.
- Let the gnocchi simmer in the boiling water, and keep a watch on the gnocchi as they cook.
- The gnocchi will rise above the level of water take them out them using the help of a spoon that is slotted.
The cooking time of gnocchi that is prepackaged will vary and will depend on what kind of gnocchi is being cooked or whether it’s frozen or dried.
Cooking time should range between 2 and 5 minutes, but to make sure that the gnocchi doesn’t cook too long and then take away each gnocchi dumpling once it gets up to the boiling water.
After the gnocchi has been cooked and you’ve removed it from boiling water, you are able to serve it with the sauce of your choice and then add in some veggies and proteins.
Examine the packaging of the gnocchi to find additional cooking suggestions!
Fry Prepackaged Gnocchi
Frying gnocchi in the fryer is a wonderful method to cook it. Unlike the dense and sometimes tough dumplings that you can receive from boiling gnocchi cooked gnocchi is soft and fluffy inside and crisp on the outside.
Frying Gnocchi is simple and will give fantastic results. It is unnecessary to cook the gnocchi in advance as it can be prepared on the spot in a frying pan.
Here’s how to fry Gnocchi:
- Prepare an oil frying pan on the stove at medium temperature.
- Add a little oil and butter into the pan and allow it to melt.
- Gnocchi should be added to the pan and stirred often.
- Let the gnocchi simmer in oil and butter until it’s golden on all sides and crisp on the outside.
- Take the gnocchi out of the pan once they are golden and crisp.
Fried gnocchi is delicious and served by itself, and you can also add some chopped garlic before removing the pan from the stove, as well as salt and pepper.
Simple flavors work well when served with gnocchi dumplings and butter. A few leaves of sage added to the dish prior to taking the gnocchi off the heat can also give it that flavor!
It is possible to add the sauce to the pan that you are cooking together with the gnocchi after removing it from the flame to blend the flavors and heat the sauce.
Roasting Prepackaged Gnocchi
If you want to try something different that you’re used to, cook gnocchi that you have purchased. It’s a simple and straightforward method of cooking prepackaged gnocchi. The gnocchi is able to be cooked together with other ingredients to create delicious meals on a sheet pan.
The roasting of gnocchi and throwing other vegetables in the pan with the gnocchi will give you a meal that is quick, and that is full with flavor and texture however, you don’t need to boil the gnocchi and cook other ingredients independently.
A single package of gnocchi that is prepackaged will go a long way!
Here’s how to roast pre-packaged Gnocchi:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- A baking sheet is lined using parchment.
- Gnocchi should be placed on the baking tray, together with the other vegetables of your choice, including onions, tomatoes peppers, rosemary, garlic, etc.
- Sprinkle some crushed pepper on the gnocchi and vegetables and drizzle it with olive oil. Mix the ingredients to mix the oil with the pepper.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven, and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Within 10 minutes, mix the gnocchi with the vegetables, and then place the baking sheet in the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Once the gnocchi have become large along with the remaining ingredients, have been prepared and caramelized, they’re ready for eating.
- The baking sheet should be removed from the oven, serve the gnocchi and other vegetables and served with freshly chopped cheese, fresh herb and grated.
It is possible to be creative with the ingredients, including vegetables, you include on the baking pan along with the Gnocchi insofar you make sure the ingredients or vegetables are allowed sufficient space to bake.
Air Fryer Prepackaged Gnocchi
If you own the air fryer in your kitchen, you’ll know how useful it is! It is also possible to use an air fryer cook deliciously crispy gnocchi as well!
Here’s how you make gnocchi using an air fryer:
- Heat the air fryer up to 400degF.
- Place the gnocchi in an empty bowl, then toss it around with olive oil.
- After you’ve tossed the gnocchi in oil, add the gnocchi inside the basket of the air fryer, making sure it’s in one layer.
- Let the gnocchi bake in an air fryer over 10 minutes before taking the basket off each 3 minutes and shaking the gnocchi.
- Verify the gnocchi after 10 minutes to make sure it’s cooked correctly. It may take additional or lesser time in order to prepare the gnocchi.
- Take the Gnocchi out of the air fryer once golden and crispy, then serve.
Sprinkle the gnocchi on top with butter or oil and parmesan cheese, or just serve it plain! Sauces like pesto and marinara can also be used.
Does the pre-packaged Gnocchi need to be refrigerated?
Certain packaged Gnocchi must be refrigerated. However, some are not. Gnocchi that has been prepackaged and sold at the grocery store must be stored in the refrigerator.
In sealed packaging and in the refrigerator Fresh gnocchi is able to be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Gnocchi prepackaged and dried can be stored in the pantry for a while, so long as they are stored in a cool and dark place. The packaging should not be opened. Gnocchi in dry form can be stored in the refrigerator for three months or more.
After the gnocchi that was prepackaged is opened, it must be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within three days.
How to Cook Prepackaged Gnocchi
A small package of supermarket-purchased Gnocchi gives you a myriad of various cooking options.
It is possible to make use of the classic way of boiling the gnocchi or frying it in butter and oil or bake the gnocchi alongside other vegetables to make a quick sheet-pan meal.
You could also cook the gnocchi in an air fryer, which will make them crispy on the exterior.
Cook the gnocchi in one of these ways, then serve it with your favorite sauce or toppings and take it home to
Other Questions Asked
We’ve now covered the steps to cook pre-packaged gnocchi and gnocchi. Let’s look at a few other concerns!
Can you overcook gnocchi?
Gnocchi may be cooked too long. If gnocchi is cooked in water or if it’s cooked over a long period of time, the gnocchi could be soft, chewy and clumpy. When you fry the gnocchi the gnocchi may become hard when it is cooked too much.
Should you boil gnocchi before you cook it?
There is no need to cook gnocchi in water prior to frying in it. However, you should. This gives the gnocchi an incredibly crispy golden outer layer yet still lightweight and soft in the middle.
Then, you have the option of coating the gnocchi with garlic and butter.
What can you do to fix the gnocchi that is stuck?
If you’re cooking your own Gnocchi and the result is as sticky, try adding some flour to the dough to make it dry.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!