How do you dry herbs in an air fryer? Drying herbs using your air-fryer is a straightforward procedure. Set the temperature of your air fryer to 360 degrees F, then place your herbs into the fryer and allow them to dry for 3-4 minutes. This will swiftly and effectively dry out all your herbs.
If you’d like to preserve your herbs over a longer period without worrying about them spoiling, drying your herbs is the best alternative!
Dry herbs don’t have an expiration date and will keep their taste for quite a long time, making them ideal for packing and storage.
An air fryer is an efficient method of drying your herbs. It is also a quick and simple method to do this.
Find out how to dry and dehydrate herbs!
Drying Herbs In An Air Fryer
Follow these steps and your dried herbs are ready in only several minutes!
- The air fryer should be preheated at 360degF.
- Cleanse all the herbs thoroughly.
- Dry the herbs with an old towel.
- Cut off the herb’s stems and put them in the air fryer basket.
- Place the herbs on a rack.
- Air fry for 3 minutes at 360degF.
- Mix the herbs in after one minute so that all the herbs get uniformly dried.
- After that, transfer the herbs into the bowl so that they have time to cool completely.
- You can store them as-is or break them up to make them smaller when cooled.
Herbs that Dehydrate In Air Fryer
While you could dry herbs speedily, it will not eliminate all the water in your herbs. For that, you’ll have to dehydrate them.
Dehydrating requires a longer period and drying your herbs slowly and at a lower temperature. Follow the steps below to dry herbs using the air-fryer!
- Set the temperature of your air fryer to 125 to 150degF.
- When your appliance has an already-set dehydrator, then select that.
- Equally, distribute, you cleaned, washed, and dry patted herbs over the basket before covering it with a rack.
- The process can take 1 to 3 hours, based on the number of herbs.
- When they’re dehydrating, look at the herbs with your hands. If they begin to break, the dehydrating process has been finished.
Other Methods To Dry Herbs
You can employ any of the methods below to dry your herbs:
It is easy to preserve the herb in your kitchen by following these easy steps:
- Place a silicone tray on the baking tray. This will stop your herbs from sticking onto the baking tray.
- Then Set the oven’s setting to the lowest temperature.
- Make a cake for 30 minutes.
- Check your herbs after 30 minutes. They should be able to easily crumble them.
Drying herbs in a microwave is extremely easy. You just have to be aware! They are very easy to burn using this method.
- Cleanse and separate the herb’s leaves.
- The herbs should be placed between two towels and microwaved for one minute.
- Examine the herbs and, if necessary, you need to microwave them again, at 30 secs or longer.
How To Store Dry Herbs
The next thing to do after you dry your plants? Of course, you should store them! You wouldn’t want to see your herbs diminish in taste.
The most efficient method to store dried plants is to utilize airtight plastic containers and glass containers.
You can store whole herbs or crush them for storage. You can choose which option you prefer!