How Do I Reheat Pulled Pork?
The most efficient method to heat the pulled pork is to put it in a foil-covered dish with leftover juices from the meat or broth and slowly heat it to 250°F until the inside temperature of the meat is about 165 degrees. You can also cook the pulled meat in a slow cooker or over the stovetop or grill.
Pulled pork is among those meats that can be used in a variety of ways that are always ending with greater than what we’ll need.
No matter if you’ve smoked a large shoulder cut or other than pulled pork, or perhaps you placed an order for it your favorite restaurant, you need to be able to save and preserve any leftovers after you’re done.
Pulled pork goes quite a ways and there are plenty of inventive ways to make use of it. We are big fans of pulled pork sandwiches topped along with a sweet barbecue sauce however there are plenty of other possibilities as well.
It’s impossible to be wrong. It is possible to feed large parties and have picnics, or simply enjoy it with your loved ones.
In this article we’ll give you step-by-step directions for all possible ways that you can cook pulled pork. The biggest challenge is to cook the pork without drying it out.
But don’t worry! We’ve prepared for you with all the tricks and tricks to be able to enjoy your pulled pork again.
Read on for further for our in-depth guide on reheating your leftover pulled pork!
Reheating Pulled Pork Step-by-Step
There are many methods to cook pulled pork. One of the most effective and most simple options is the oven, but there are many alternatives too.
As we move throughout this tutorial, we’ll go over each option and provide step-by-step information to you.
In case there’s any suggestions you should be aware of, you can get them right here. There are some fantastic options for heating your pulled pork in the correct way.
What can you do to reheat Pork Pulled Pork within the Oven
We’ll start with our top suggestion. If you have time and space in the oven we strongly recommend this method to reheat pulled pork.
If this isn’t working for you, then you should definitely try another option and get excellent outcomes.
Below are some steps to cooking pulled pork to a simmer within the oven.
- Begin by heating your oven up to 250 ° F. It is important to reduce the temperature as you’re just heating the meat, and higher temperatures tend to cause drying out of the food.
- Make an oven dish of the pulled pork. It’s less likely to get dry when you put some leftover juices left over from the pork into the dish. You can cover the skillet with foil or any comparable oven-safe technique.
- Place the pan covered in the oven and let it bake for about an hour or until it’s warm. Be aware that you’re heating the pan and not cooking it so it shouldn’t take time.
- Cook until your meat’s internal temperature has reached the temperature of 165°. The time required in order to achieve this level will differ based on the quantity of meat you’re reheating. It’s already cooked, and this is merely to heat it up.
- Mix the pulled pork well before taking it out of the oven.
- Add additional sauces or juices when needed, and serve.
This is a simple method and straightforward. What you need to remember is that you’re not cooking the meat in this recipe. It is already cooked and now you’re heating it for you to enjoy it warm.
You might also break it up using a fork or an assortment of meat claws to ensure there’s no clumping.
The cooking process of the temperature of 165 degrees is an issue in food security. A lot of people also relish cold pulled pork leftovers, so be aware of that also.
Another crucial thing is to add liquid or juice to the pan , then cover it with a lid. These two measures help to prevent the direct heat from the oven in drying out the meat.
If you do not include some kind of liquid, or you don’t cover it, it is likely that you will end up with dry meat at the at the end.
In the end, if you want to make the bark from the carcass, then you may still do it even while the process of reheating.
After you’ve cooked the pork take it off the grill and place it under the broiler for several minutes, and it will do it for you!
The best way to cook the Pulled Pork within the Crockpot
Another method of reheating pulled pork we enjoy is using the slow cooker.
The crockpot allows you to put it in and then forget about it for a bit. It’s not necessary to keep an eye on it or to wait forever to wait for to wait for the 200-degree temperature to be finished heating up your meat.
This method is most effective when you have saved some of the juices and drippings from the initial cooking of the meat. In this way, you can put it in the crockpot to retain the flavor and moisture.
If you don’t have one, you’ll need to provide some form of moisture.
The crockpot is made to run for several hours in order to heat the meat, so it should you should prepare it for about two to four hours.
Of obviously, this is the thing the crockpot is usually utilized for, therefore it shouldn’t be a problem If you’re familiar with making use of the crockpot.
The crockpot is easy and easy to use, making it the perfect choice to heat pulled pork. Here are the steps we recommend to reheat pulled pork in the slow cooker.
- Place the pulled pork into the slow cooker.
- Pour any leftover sauces or juices onto the surface of the cooked meat. If you don’t have any of the juices, sprinkle some sauce on top or even broth to prevent drying out of the meat.
- Place your crockpot in the warm setting.
- Let the meat cook in the oven at a warm temperature for about 2-4 hours. Its internal temperature for the meat must be around 160 °F. You may utilize an lower temperature should you wish, however, we’ve found that the temperatures are warm around this temperature.
- Once the meat is heated at the right temperature, it is time to take it out of the crockpot and serve it as you like.
Keep in mind that you’re warming the meat up or reheating it after it’s already cooked. This is the reason why the feature of warm can be sufficient for this length of time.
The crockpot will remain warm and will heat your pulled pork to an right temperature after several hours.
In a crockpot, time can be different, however we suggest that you set a minimum of two hours and somewhere between 4 and a half hours in total.
Utilizing the warming method could be a little longer, but the end results are more effective when you do it this way.
The prolonged time frame on lower temperatures helps stop dryness of the food. In addition, using sauces or leftover juices can assist.
There is a need for some kind of liquid in the meat to aid it not get dried out in the crockpot.
How do you reheat Pork Pulled Pork using the Microwave
The microwave is probably not our best option for heating pulled pork, but it can be utilized.
This is a very straightforward and efficient option, and it is ideal for those who is on the move or has an extremely short time frame or just a couple of people who are reheating meat.
A microwave is frequently utilized for ease of use and convenience, and in that way it’ll do perfectly for your pulled-pork heating needs.
This is the quickest method to heat pulled pork. It’s also is probably the most efficient method to do it if you’re only reheating only a little bit.
Take a look at these steps to heating pulled pork using the microwave.
- Place pulled pork into a microwave-safe dish. Only heat what you require to heat in the microwave.
- A little sauce or juice to the meat in order to reheat it. If there are leftover juices, this can be a great option, however you can also use apple juice or broth in the event that you require a substitute. Do not skimp on this step otherwise the pulled pork will dry.
- Place the container with cooked pork into the microwave. warm for two minutes..
- The meat should be at the internal temperature at 160 degrees Fahrenheit. If it’s not sufficiently warm after two minutes, it can be heated more frequently in 30-second intervals until the meat has reached the proper temperature to be consumed.
- Remove the microwave from the oven and stir. Verify the temperature. If it’s warm enough then serve and enjoy it to your taste.
If you are reheating cooked pulled pork using the microwave it’s ideal to have it fully thawed prior reheating. This not only helps in the cooking time , but it can also improve improving the taste of pork removed from the microwave too.
The microwave isn’t the most popular alternative, but it’s sure to help you out when you require an answer and the grill or oven will not do!
What to do to Reheat the Pulled Pork On the Grill
Most people cook pulled pork either on the grill or in smokers. There are many different methods of cooking pull pork however this is the most well-known recipe.
The grill is a different heating method, but it could make it more difficult to keep moisture in the food.
Here are a few easy steps to heat up pulled pork over the grill.
- It is ideal if you use an indirect cooking method to heating. This means you’ll want the heat to be on one side and the food on the other to get the most optimal outcomes.
- One side of the grill to temperatures of 225°F..
- Serve the meat with sauce or juice to add moistness to it.
- The pulled meat is wrapped between two sheets of foil. Place approximately 14 cup water in the foil prior to sealing it completely.
- Place the meat on the other part of the grill to increase the grill heats up.
- Let the pulled pork cook until it reaches the internal temperature 160 degrees.
- When you are done, take off the wrapper the meat and put it on the grill for approximately 5 minsjust to brown the bark.
- Take it off the grill and serve, and then Enjoy!
We suggest the indirect method because it is the most effective method of reheating the meat and not drying the beef. Be sure to never to heat the food for too long.
The cooking time may differ based on the amount of food you’re heating. Keep in mind that you are heating the meat, and not cooking it for the second time.
Pulled Pork is being cooked on the Stovetop
In the end, we’ll offer one final method of reheating pulled pork. It is possible to cook on the stovetop. There are a variety of options to do this.
If, for instance, you own an Dutch oven it will function similar to cooking this in an oven initially however it might be a little more efficient.
We are going to look at a technique known as Sous Vide that uses the stovetop. It is a straightforward and distinctive method that is extremely popular in French cooking. Take these instructions.
- Place the pulled pork in an airtight plastic bag. It’s best to close the bags with a vacuum, but you could also release all your air before sealing the bag, too.
- Make sure to heat a pot of water to a minimum of 160 degrees. It doesn’t have to be boiling, but it should get to around this temperature.
- Place the pork in the bag in the hot water and allow it to sit for approximately forty-five minutes. If the meat has been frozen, it is possible to add another 30 minutes to your timeframe.
- Verify the temperature inside the meat and ensure it is at the temperature of 165°F..
- Remove the meat from the water with care and then open the bag that the meat is kept in.
- Serve and have fun!
This method takes an hour or so however many chefs consider that this is the most effective method to preserve the taste and moisture of this pulled meat.
Frequently Questions Asked
We hope that you will find this recipe for heating pulled pork an effective tool.
You’ll now have lots of information regarding any reheating preferences that you may have. All of these techniques will work when you test them. Make sure to follow the guidelines to stop drying out your meat.
Take a look at these questions and answers to find more information that may be useful to you.
What is the best method To Reheat the Pulled Pork?
We prefer the oven method the most, but you cannot be wrong with all of the above.
Some might argue that cooking on the stovetop is the most effective method of preserving the flavor and moisture, however you can get great results if adhere to the proper procedures for each method listed here.
What is the time frame To Reheat the Pork Pulled Pork In the Oven?
The amount you use will depend on the amount of pulled pork you’ve got, as well as the thickness of it within the pan.
You may even have to mix the pulled pork in a bowl and mix it all up when it’s being heated. In general, we’d suggest planning for 30 to 60 minutes to reheat by baking in the oven.
What liquids can I add to the Pulled Pork?
The best thing you can do is to keep the any juices or drippings left from your first cooking process of pulled pork.
Also If you’re unable to accomplish this, there are alternatives. Try adding a small amount of the broth or perhaps some apple juice. It is also possible to make use of BBQ sauce, if you are a fan of.
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista.
I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Read more about me…