Chicken piccata is an enticing dinner made of cutlets of chicken that are dredged with flour, then fried and served with a layer of a delicious sauce consisting that is made up of butter, lemon juice, capers, or chicken stock. For those who are a fan of capers and chicken and just pretty all in all delicious food, there’ll be no wasting with an excellent chicken piccata.
If you’ve got leftover chicken piccata from the fridge, you’ll like to know how to cook it without drying the chicken out and conserving the flavor and consistency in the flavor.
What is the best way to reheat chicken piccata? The best method for reheating chicken piccata is to cook it low and slow by baking it in the oven and adding additional broth. By doing this, you can ensure the chicken stays soft, and the sauce is still delicious!
Although oven-heated reheating is the ideal method, you can opt to warm the chicken piccata in the microwave if you want to do it quickly or cook it over the stove. Here’s how to cook chicken piccata using the oven, the microwave, and the stovetop.
Cooking chicken piccata in the oven is likely to be our preferred method since it allows you to let it cook in the oven for up to 20 minutes…easy! Be sure that your oven is not too much, or you could cause your chicken to overcook, which is not a good thing. Nobody would like dry chicken.
To avoid drying out when cooking in the oven, add more broth from the chicken into the pot and then over the chicken so that it doesn’t lose its consistency and doesn’t get dry.
- Line a baking sheet using aluminum foil.
- Place the remaining chicken piccata in the baking tray.
- Incorporate some chicken broth into the chicken piccata. Then, try to mix the broth into the sauce.
- Put some of the chicken stock over the chicken to provide it with additional moisture to keep drying out.
- The chicken piccata is covered with more aluminum foil, and then place the dish in the oven that is preheated to about 250°F.
- Allow the chicken piccata to remain warm for about 20 minutes, then turn the dish and wait for another 10 mins for the chicken piccata to warm fully.
- Take the cooked chicken out of the oven, and serve it immediately.
A microwave is a fantastic alternative if you’re in a hurry for time or you’re hungry, and you need food now. We all also have these moments. Don’t fret.
The most important thing to be aware of when you are microwaving chicken piccata is that you should add a small amount of broth from the chicken. You must also cover your chicken in an appropriate microwave-safe cover. This will help prevent dryness because the cover functions as a steamer.
- Layer the chicken piccata onto an oven-safe dish or bowl. Then sprinkle a small amount of broth into the sauce. Pour it over the chicken.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and then cook the chicken piccata for about 2 minutes.
- Let the dish sit for two minutes, allowing the heat to distribute evenly throughout the dish.
- Repeat the process and only heat the chicken piccata for one minute.
- Verify the food item to determine whether it’s at the correct temperature for eating. If not, put food in the microwave and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
The wrapper helps protect the chicken piccata sauce and stops any moisture from getting out of the dish and leading to the sauce drying out.
To cook your chicken piccata in the oven, you must transfer the leftovers to a pot.
- It is cooked over a medium-high flame on the stove as you slowly add some stock to stop the sauce from drying out and your chicken from becoming dry.
- Close the pot’s lid, allowing heat to circulate underneath, and thoroughly cook the chicken. (Did you know that this can prevent dryness?)
- The chicken piccata is cooked until it is warm enough to eat.
How to store Chicken Piccata in the Fridge
If you’re putting the leftovers away, it is important to ensure that the chicken piccata has been properly stored within the fridge.
This ensures that the chicken and sauce remain wholesome and delicious.
If you want to store your chicken piccata inside your fridge, Place it in a refrigerator-friendly container that is airtight and seals. Set in one of your refrigerator trays, away from the door and side of the fridge.
How to Freeze Chicken Piccata
If you don’t plan to eat your chicken piccata later in the day, you’ll want to store it for eating later on.
To freeze chicken piccata, put your sauce into a bag for freezing, and then put the chicken in separate freezer bags. Try to avoid freezing the chicken and sauce together since it could cause damage to the chicken.
To let the chicken thaw place it in the refrigerator overnight, and heat the chicken and sauce together in the oven the next day. To speed up the thawing process, it is possible to place the chicken and sauce still in freezer bags in a bowl of warm water until the frozen portion is gone.
Do you have the ability to freeze the piccata of a chicken?
Yes, you can freeze chicken piccata before and after the cooking. Place the sauce in separate freezer bags to the chicken after it is placed inside the freezer.
What’s the distinction between the piccata and the Francaise?
Piccata or Francaise are two dishes that can be made using either fish, chicken, or veal. Both are comprised of butter and lemon sauce.
But the differentiator is that Francaise is characterized by the meat being dipped in egg and flour before being cooked and then frying, while piccata calls for the heart to be coated with flour and egg. In contrast, piccata includes added capers in the butter sauce and lemon.
Reheating Chicken Piccata
Nothing is more satisfying than knowing that you have leftover chicken piccata from the fridge waiting to be devoured! But, cooking it incorrectly can ruin the meal and ruin any hope you had of having the delicious meal.
The chicken can be cooked in the oven to get the most delicious results. You can cook it using the microwave or the stovetop. It is essential to put in some extra broth to prevent it from drying and provide the chicken with some moisture so that it remains juicy and soft!
Bonus tip to those who made the journey to this point:
If you want to use the chicken piccata you have in a different method, shred it! The chicken shreds taste delicious and are easy to include in any dish. The flavors of the chicken piccata will taste amazing in, for instance, the form of a Mediterranean shredded chicken sandwich…yum!
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!