What Is Best Served With Couscous & Pairs Well
Couscous is an all-year-round ingredient, and you will find them at their best quality then. The quality may not be as good outside of spring, and they are more expensive than other vegetables all year round. There are several different cooking techniques you can use to prepare your dish.
Sadly, not everyone likes asparagus, but they will recognize this green vegetable. It has very distinctive long, slim, and pointy spears.
The best cooking techniques with asparagus are blanch, boil, sauté or steam.
It’s estimated that asparagus was first grown in Greece approximately 2,500 years ago, but has now grown in popularity and is now grown in the US, China, and various countries in Europe.
It’s regarded as one of the healthiest vegetables you could eat, as it contains many essential vitamins; vitamin A, C, K, E, and folate.
It contains a source of vital minerals for your body, including potassium, iron, zinc, and phosphorous.
The crazy thing is that there are next to zero calories, zero fat, sodium, and cholesterol. It’s no wonder that doctors and nutritionists recommend adding asparagus to your diet!
Ingredients That Pair Best With Couscous
- Asparagus, capers, ham, and shrimp.
- Asparagus, cayenne, and lime.
- Asparagus, chervil, chives, garlic, morel mushrooms, and shallots.
- Asparagus, crab, morel mushrooms, and ramps.
- Asparagus, garlic, ginger, and sesame.
- Asparagus, garlic, leeks, onions, and potatoes.
- Asparagus, goat cheese, mascarpone, and thyme.
- Asparagus, ham, morel mushrooms, and parmesan cheese.
- Asparagus, lemon, olive oil, and black pepper.
- Asparagus, morel mushrooms, and ramps.
- Asparagus, parmesan cheese, pancetta, and vinaigrette.
- Asparagus, parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Asparagus, prosciutto, goat cheese, and chervil.
A-Z Ingredients That Pair With Couscous
Every ingredient below works well with couscous from A to Z. The beautiful thing about couscous is its versatility. It’s straightforward to use in toss salads, risottos, soups, etc.
I have compiled a list of food, fruit, vegetables that pair best with couscous:
A – G
- Bay leaf
- Butter, brown
- Butter unsalted
- Caraway seeds
- Cheese, chevre, Fontina, goat, parmesan, pecorino, ricotta, and romano
- Creme fraiche
- French cuisine
H – N
- Hollandaise sauce
- Italian cuisine
- Lemon, juice or zest
- Lemon thyme
- Lime, juice
- Marsala wine
- Morels, shiitakes
- Mustard (Dijon)
N – T
- Oil, hazelnut, peanut, sesame, truffle
- Olive oil
- Peppers, black or white
- Sea salt
- Sauces like bechamel, brown butter, or mornay
- Sesame seeds
- Sour cream
- Soy sauce
- Stocks, chicken or vegetable
T – Z
- Vinaigrette, mustard or sherry
- Vinegar, champaign, red wine, sherry, white wine or dry white
Heya, I’m Norah! The foodie editor here at YummyTasteFood! I love absolutely everything to do with food, baking, and eating! I earned my stripes in the hospitality industry as a pastry chef, sous chef, and barista. I’m now a freelance writing nomad. I do not miss the hospitality industry! Be sure to join our Facebook group – it’s free to access!